Monday, June 6, 2011

Swimming Lessons

After our swimming experiences last summer and having a cruise later this year we signed Brooklyn up for swimming lessons. The only class they have for kids under three is a "Parent and Tot" class. Brooklyn and Mommy headed to their first class today. Because Mommy was in the pool we don't have any pictures. The class was not held in the kiddie pool like I expected so I was picturing a California experience all over again. Brooklyn did so good, better than I could have imagined! Brooklyn blew bubbles, put her ears, nose and even eyes in the water. She let me put her on her back, and tummy and kick her legs. One class down seven to go.

3 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Swim lessons at this age are a labor of love. We don't have a pressing need so I think we're opting out this year. Enjoy.

Marcus n McKenzie said...

Max and I are starting Mommy and Me swimming lessons tomorrow. I know, it sounds lame, but we are excited. They were free, so we get 5 days of swimming for free! Yay! Can't wait until California.

JenniSue said...

M&M-

The Mommy and Me class is super fun. I couldn't believe how much stuff they teach in the class. We've only had 3 classes so far, but Brooklyn went all the way under today. It was only for a second, but I couldn't believe she was willing to try. Have fun with little Max!