Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graduation Time

It’s that time of year when all those High School seniors start counting the hours and minutes they have left in school.  I have two sisters who are graduating this year.  Sitara graduates in about a week in Virginia (unfortunately too far for us to attend, we are super sad to miss it), and Emily graduated today.  Her graduation was held at the Mariott Center in Provo.  Crazy parking/drivers/people up there, but so much fun to see her get her diploma.  It’s been a few years since I attended a high school graduation, it brought back all sorts of fun memories of my last week of HS, and my own graduation.  I miss feeling like I’m 18, and those excited “going off to college” feelings.  Good luck Miss Emmy, we are super excited to see how things go at BYU!.  Good luck Miss Sitara, we can’t wait for you to go to USU so you’re only about an hour away from us!

IMG_0808

I couldn’t get a very good picture of Emmy “walking”, this is her on the jumbo tron screen.

Pictures with the fam.IMG_0812IMG_0814IMG_0816Dad came out a different door so we missed him in our pictures.IMG_0817IMG_0818IMG_0819IMG_0820

 

IMG_0822Because graduation was in the middle of the day we had an hour or so to do some weed pulling and flower planting.  Here are our “before” pictures.IMG_0823IMG_0824IMG_0828And here are our “after” pictures.  We got most of the weeds pulled in this area, planted some new flowers, and took out a rose bush so you can actually see our flowers.  Hope they grow this year.IMG_0830

3 comments:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

Congrats Emily! hopefully one day we'll be able to make it to all these fun events. Isn't it amazing what pulling weeds does? We weeded the garden and it looked like a whole new place. I was getting worried because we were pulling EVERYTHING. That's how bad it was :) Everytime I see pics of Brooklyn in her overalls, it's going to remind me of Pete's Dragon, which we watched twice this week.

Marcus n McKenzie said...

Max was being too helpful with my first comment. Brooklyn is dang cute in her overalls too! We can't wait til Fish Lake and see you guys. That is all Marcus is talking about. "Better get the camping stuff ready.. Only 2 more weekends to do it..." Silly boy!

JenniSue said...

Brooklyn loves her overalls now. When I tell her it's time for fishing or working in the yard the first thing she says is, "I need my overalls".

We can't wait for camping too. So excited! We are opening up the trailer tomorrow to make sure everything is ready to go. Johnny's boss might let him have that Monday off if you guys are still interested in staying that extra night.