Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter was so much fun this year. Brooklyn actually looked for her eggs, and was so excited that the Easter Bunny had been to her house. She was very sad, however, that he wasn't still there so she could give him a big hug. I thought I would try something different this year, so we put a little basket in her room, next to her bed with a trail of eggs leading to our room (that's the first place she goes every morning). She didn't notice the basket, or the eggs leading to our room, she did notice the few that I had placed in our room though. So we picked them up backwards and headed back to her room to get that basket.

We had hidden a bunch of eggs in the living room, so we headed there next for Brooklyn to locate all those eggs. She started off pretty good, but by the end we were pointing where to go look for the rest of the eggs. She's not the most patient little girl (don't know where she gets that from ;o) so it was a struggle to get those last eggs picked up.

I had purchased a little kitchen months ago for Brooklyn that was going to be a Christmas present at one time, but I tend to go overboard with every holiday, so I put this off until Easter (normally we like to do a small toy and church clothes for Easter). I started putting the kitchen together during Brooklyn's nap on Saturday. As I got started I realized that this kitchen I've been looking forward to for months is only about half the size that I thought it was. I cursed that "tiny red kitchen" many times while putting it together. It is super cute, but so much smaller than I imagined (I'm still not over that obviously).

We had put the tiny red kitchen under a blanket so Brooklyn would find her eggs before playing with the kitchen. When I pulled off the blanket, she was so into her basket and eggs that she didn't even want to look at what Mommy was was pointing out to her. When she finally did look, it took about 30 seconds for her to react, then a huge smile broke out on her face and she said, "mine?". It was adorable...until she took out all the food stuff I had so carefully placed in each cupboard and fridge and oven and put it all on the floor. I soon discovered that she loved pulling everything out more than keeping it in. Her favorite part was the wok and chopsticks. It was a fabulous Easter, and I've totally learned that I need to check the specks on any new things I buy for Brooklyn so I'm not disappointed again.

IMG_0271IMG_0272

The infamous kitchen after the “Easter Bunny” got it all put together.

IMG_0278IMG_0281

Brooklyn talking on her phone and posing for a picture with her new favorite toy.

IMG_0282

We woke up with a reminder to keep Jesus a part of our Easter.  A little freaky when we first saw it on our door.

IMG_0285IMG_0286

Brooklyn running to give thank you hugs and decorating Easter eggs.

IMG_0290IMG_0298

Brooklyn likes to squeeze things…needless to say we had a few eggs that didn’t last very long.

IMG_0300

Here is our annual Bunny cake which doubled as Jen’s birthday cake this year. 

IMG_0293

Brooklyn loved her Tinker Bell/Fairy swim gear from Gning-Gning.  She froze while she wore it, but loved it!

No comments: