A blog all about Brooklyn, and bit about her mommy & daddy and big sister Jasmine too.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Better late than never
I hoped to be bottle free by 18 months. I was determined to see it gone by 2. Brooklyn turns 2 on Monday, so I finally packed up all our bottles and put them in a bag (Tom and Elaine...you need any big bottles for Josie?) and started our bottle free day with nap time this afternoon. Right after lunch, so Brook would have a full stomach, I pulled out our fancy Elmo cups so she could drink her "Elmo Milk". She drank a few swallows, and wanted nothing to do with it. So it was time for bed, no pre bed milk. She talked, did the fake cry, hollered a bit, and 15 minutes later she was sound asleep in her crib. Johnny wasn't so sure about taking the bottle away, he might be having a harder time than I am with her growing up so quickly, but he jumped on board with my tough love. Tonight we pulled out Aunt Marlina's suggestion and gave Brooklyn a bowl of cereal after bath time, with her cup of milk. After she said she was done with her food, I pulled her into the rocking chair with me (yes I still rock her to sleep at night, I have a hard time giving that one up) and got her to drink about half of her cup of milk before she was done. We brushed teeth, got a cup of water, drank some of that and then I put her down in her crib...awake. Ten minutes later I peaked in at her and she hasn't moved a muscle, and she's sound asleep. Woo Hoo! Night one down, not sure how many more to go before we can say that she doesn't want the "bah bah" any longer. Better late than never, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like it is going great so far. I hope it keeps going this easy!
Post a Comment