Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring

18-Month Check-Up Numbers:
Weight: 23 lbs - 40%
Height: 32 3/4" - 80%
(perhaps she got the Kennedy tall gene that skipped Mommy)
Head: 18 1/2" - 65%

In preparation of Spring's arrival we decided to plant some seeds so we can have a garden this year. Here are our little seedlings thriving in the house.

Aren't they just the best little seedlings you ever did see? Our cucumbers started popping out of the ground the day after we planted the seeds, crazy huh. We have some Summer squash, Butternut squash, cucumbers, pumpkins, and Mom is even trying (in vain most likely) some watermelon and cantaloupe. Much to our dismay...this was our backyard on March 31st.

Yes, that's snow, not frost, snow. We got about 1/4 of an inch on the 31st. Nice springtime weather for our little seedlings to be looking at out the window. Then on the 1st of April we found this in our backyard...

Another 2 inches or so. Where is our spring weather so we can pull out the dog run and get our garden area ready in time for our little seedlings to be planted outside? It probably won't be until June or July the way things are going though. In spite of our crazy weather we had a fabulous Easter. On Saturday, April 3rd we went to Uncle Tom and Aunt Elaine's house for an Easter Dinner. Only the Yee family could have chicken wings, jambalaya, rice, cheesey potatoes and ham for dinner and have it look normal. I'm hoping that Brooklyn gets Daddy's genes and eats the variety of foods that he does. In honor of Easter we dolled up Brooklyn and Josie in their Easter dresses for pictures.

Unfortunately they weren't in the mood to smile and look at the camera for us. In one picture Josie was sweet enough to look at the camera.

In the next picture it was Brooklyn who honored me with a look up. I swear I took over 20, maybe closer to 30 pictures of these adorable girls and I got one, that's right one picture where they were both looking up.

I only wish they were both smiling for us. I guess we can't always expect these adorable girls to smile on command.

Brooklyn was very fascinated with the grass in the basket. We had a little "war of the basket" between these two girls. If this blog already didn't have a ton of pics I'd post the pictures I have of the basket going back and forth, and then Brooklyn taking off with it in the end. Next year will be interesting, very interesting.

Brooklyn was a little, okay a ton spoiled for Easter this year. Guess that's what happens when you start buying Easter early. You buy one thing, then think of another fun thing for her, then another...you can see how things can get out of hand. Brooklyn got her Easter dress, purple this year, a yard chair, some fun extras for her dolls (stroller, swing/car seat, potty) and the cool Spiderman bike. She picked the bike out herself and loves it best of all.

There are buttons that make noise on the bike like "right turn", "left turn", the "Vrrrmmmm" noise, and some Spiderman sayings that aren't coming to mind right now.

Brooklyn was not that interested in hunting for eggs this year, but Mommy has hope that maybe next year she'll like them. If not, we might be hiding toys until the eggs are all found ;o)

Here is our 2nd annual Easter Bunny Cake. Last year we had a purple bow. This tradition was started in honor of Johnny. He used to have Bunny Cakes for his birthday growing up, so I thought we would continue on with that, only move it to Easter instead.

It's April 6th now, and this is what it looked like outside last night at our house. We woke up to at least 4 inches of snow. We are still waiting for our spring to show up, but are having fun throwing snowballs at each other until then.

Happy Spring everyone!

4 comments:

Marcus n McKenzie said...

You're seeds are looking good! Their Easter dresses are so cute. I hope spring comes soon! I would be so bummed that it's not there yet.

JenniSue said...

I'm just hoping we have a place to put them all when it does warm up. I don't mind the cold so much, I hate the heat of summer so I won't let myself complain about the cold (too much).

Katie said...

I love the little girls in their dresses! So cute!

Mike and Becky Kennedy said...

So super cute! Love that you have the bunny cake tradition. We all need good traditions! Brooklyn is an absolute doll!