I totally missed a picture that we took after stopping in St. Maarten.
As we started packing for our cruise I counted the days of my cycle to see if I would need any “girl stuff” while on the cruise. Turned out that the day our cruise started I would start my “time of the month” as well. Sunday came and went, then Monday did, and Tuesday. Tuesday night I couldn’t keep my possible secret from Johnny. He of course need me to take a test right then and there, which I couldn’t do as I had none. The next day Johnny asked about the medical center on the boat, finding out where it was and when it was open. We had a very busy Wednesday so I made it through that day without finding out.
Thursday morning I got up early and headed to the medical center clear at the other end of the boat at the bottom of the boat. After talking to the receptionist I found out that it was like $38 dollars to talk to the nurse, then another $36 to take the test (not really how much I’d want to pay to find out we weren’t pregnant). She told me that we should be able to find an “at home” test at our port for the day, St. Maarten. So we headed off the ship to see if we could find one.
As soon as we got past the boat and into the shop area we found a little information center. Johnny went to ask them if they knew where we could get a test. After joking around with the people in there about being possibly pregnant himself they told him that they sold them there, so he bought 2. We did a little more shopping, but were both more excited to get back on the ship to see what these tests told us. We missed our day at the beach, but it was worth it in the end.
Johnny didn’t like how you read the results on the tests we took on the boat, so the day after we got home I took the kind he likes too.
I like to see a doctor before announcing to everyone that we are having a baby. Today I had my first doctor’s appointment and she said we are due March 24th and everything looks great!
4 comments:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited!!! You were able to keep this a secret even when we were there??? You are awesome. CONGRATULATIONS! See, the family website poll isn't too far off the mark! LOVE IT!
You have no idea how hard it was not to say something last weekend. I almost slipped so many times. We are so excited! I started laughing so hard when I saw that Amy is due a couple weeks before us. 4 new great-grandkids for G & g Wursten in about a 7 month period. Grandma said that ours will make our family a grand total of 70 people. Crazy huh!?!
Awesome!!!!! We're thrilled for you!
We are SO excited for you guys! Congratulations!
Post a Comment