Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Year

Now that January is almost over I thought I should probably actually write something this year. It's hard to keep up with all the crazy new things that Brooklyn does everyday, but I'll try to remember a few (it's 11:30 at night so I can't promise too much).

Brooklyn and Josie with Grandma Yee. Brooklyn loves her little cousin, loves her so much that she steals toys from Josie, then throws them back at her, only to then hit her in the face. That earned Brooklyn a time out, which she thought was a game. Brooklyn is starting to give you a hug or a kiss after hitting you now though, we are making progress with our little monster.

Brooklyn in her new winter white outfit from Grandma Yee. She's not a fan of anything on her head, but I had to get a picture of the whole outfit.


One of Brooklyn's favorite things to do is play on the computer. If you have the laptop open, she runs over to the couch, pulls herself up and plops in front of the computer. She even knows how to turn the thing on now. I can't believe how fast that girl learns!

Brooklyn in her new "winter" coat. We've learned that Brooklyn isn't a huge fan of going on long car rides, but she does love to sit in the driver's seat and pretend to drive. She even makes the car noise, it's so funny to watch.


While we were at cousin Josie's house a few weeks ago, Brooklyn discovered Josie's little bouncer chair. She then proceeded to use it as a little chair. So of course we had to make sure she had the same thing at our house since she loved it so much. One of these days I'll have a video camera handy when she's standing up in the chair, holding on to the back, jumping. She almost gets the whole chair air born. Its as funny and cute as it is scarey to watch.


Brooklyn has a new toy area. Mommy got tired of the one big toy box for everything (Brooklyn was always digging to the bottom, pulling everything out) so we got a shelf for toy bins. This way she can see everything as she pulls it all out anyway. It makes Mommy feel organized if nothing else.

One of Brooklyn's favorite things to do (that drives Daddy up the wall) is to put things around her neck like the blanket above. We are talking cords, string, ribbon, clothes, blankets, EVERYTHING that is long she puts around her neck and then she leans her head down from side to side, doing what I call her "pretty pose". I can't seem to get this on video either, but I'll keep on trying.



Brooklyn pulled out her little popper pusher thing and started helping Daddy vaccum the floor. I missed the good video, but you get the idea.

Brooklyn is starting to figure out what Jasmine likes to play. Here she is trying to play tug with Jas. I of course missed the video when Jasmine pulled so hard she pulled Brooklyn off her feet.

The picture just doesn't cover the whole bouncer/chair thing. Brooklyn loves her chair. She sits in it to eat, read, watch TV, as well as jump around in it. She also likes to control the remote control, but then gets mad when the sound is gone, or the show she was watching is now the news.

2 comments:

Katie said...

WOW, she is growing up! Her picture in her winter coat is so cute!

T Rex Mom said...

Great photos all around. I'm sure she keeps you busy but also smiling!